This week, Argenta Community Theater (ACT) at 405 Main Street in North Little Rock announced its Grand Re-Opening will be held Tuesday, August 17, 2021. Festivities will include an outdoor banquet, celebration of the “Patron of the Year” and selections from of ACT’s production of the musical Pippin, which will open in previews the following night. Tickets and information will be available on the ACT website.
In its first live performance since closing in March 2020 due to COVID-19, ACT will present the 1972 Tony Award-winning musical, Pippin, this August. ACT’s production will be directed by Producing Artistic Director Vincent Insalaco, with music direction by Bob Bidewell, choreography by Allison Stodola Wilson and Technical Direction by Sara Cooke. Auditions will be held by appointment at ACT on June 5. Auditions are open to all genders, races and ethnicities; please see ACT’s website for character descriptions.
Lobby opens one hour prior to showtime, seating begins 30 minutes prior. COVID safety measures will be in place and will continue to be updated based on the public health climate at the time of the performances. These measures will be communicated to audience members ahead of their attendance at the event. Contactless ticketing will be used; there is no need to print your tickets.
- Wednesday, August 18, 7:30 p.m. – Friends and Family Preview
- Thursday, August 19, 7:30 p.m. – Friends and Family Preview
- Friday, August 20, 7:30 p.m. – Opening Night
- Saturday, August 21, 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 22, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 24, 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 25, 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 26, 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 27, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 28, 7:30 p.m. – Closing Night
Opening night of Pippin will coincide with the Argenta Arts District’s “Argenta Dogtown Throwdown”, where patrons can expect a vibrant scene of outdoor dining, arts and entertainment to welcome them to North Little Rock. Grab dinner before the show at one of these nearby restaurants.