August update: Argenta Community Theater will now require proof of COVID-19 vaccination to attend indoor performances. To read the full policy, visit the Argenta Community Theater website.
After being closed for a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Argenta Community Theater (ACT) at 405 Main Street in North Little Rock recently announced that it will be reopening its doors in August 2021.
ACT will kick off its 2021 season with a grand re-opening celebration on Tuesday, August 17, 2021, at 7 p.m. outdoors at Argenta Plaza (510 Main Street) in North Little Rock. Guests will partake in a seated dinner with performances by ACT’s cast of Pippin, Arkansas Circus Arts and Ballet Arkansas, as well as special guest Ben Vareen, a Tony Award-winner for Leading Player in the original Broadway production of Pippin. The “Power of Community Award” will be presented to Michele Towne, owner and publisher of Inviting Arkansas Magazine for her support of Arkansas nonprofits such as ACT.
ACT also announced its 2021-2022 season lineup, which includes new collaborations with three other Arkansas performing arts organizations, Acansa Arts Festival of the South, Opera in the Rock and Wildwood Park for the Arts. Tickets range from $25 – $45 and may be purchased at www.argenta community theater.org. Season passes are also available.
- August 18 – August 28: Pippin
- September 16 – September 26: Steel Magnolias (in collaboration with ACANSA Arts Festival of the South)
- November 3 – November 21: The Sound of Music (in collaboration with Wildwood Park for the Arts)
- December 8 – December 18: A Christmas Carol
- February 1 – February 6, 2022: A Little Night Music (in collaboration with Opera in the Rock)
- March 9 – March 19, 2022: Our Town
- April 27 – May 7, 2022: The Wizard of Oz
Before attending a show, dine at one of North Little Rock’s local restaurants that are within walking distance form the theater. On August 20-22, restaurants will be set up for outdoor dining, perfect for a quick meal before the show.