Planning ahead: Great American Eclipse 2024
What better place to spend the “dog days” of summer than in Dogtown, a.k.a. North Little Rock, Arkansas?
Yep, it’s going to get hot out there, but trust us: we’re EXPERTS at finding the best ways to cool off and enjoy our beautiful city (we’ve got some ideas below). If you are looking for kid-friendly things to do in North Little Rock, dog-friendly things to do in North Little Rock, dining in North Little Rock, where to stay in North Little Rock….we’ve got you.
Beauty, relaxation, refreshment awaits in North Little Rock, Arkansas. With plenty of outdoor activity, natural beauty, delicious local dining and things to do, you and your crew can count on a fun experience. Come see what we’re up to!
Things to Do
First thing’s first: are you a first-time visitor to North Little Rock? We can answer your questions and help you plan your visit.
Outdoors & Nature
- Relax at The Old Mill at T. R. Pugh Memorial Park. Free and open to the public, The Old Mill is one of the most beautiful places in Arkansas to enjoy spring color, from cherry blossoms to daffodils, tulips to azaleas.
- Hike at Emerald Park. For an easy, paved walk, start at the top from Scenic Drive to reach breathtaking views of the cliffs and Arkansas River. For more of a challenge, start at the bottom of the trail at Big Rock Quarry.
- Experience the Arkansas River with a Rock Town River Outfitters Adventure Guide! Kayak tours are perfect for both experienced paddlers and first-timers.
- Burn off energy at Burns Park! With miles of trails, disc golf courses, several playgrounds – including the accessible One Heart Playground – and seasonal Funland Amusement Park,
Art & Culture
- Check out the North Little Rock events calendar for concerts, shows, entertainment, events and festivals. Enjoy live music and entertainment at the new Argenta Plaza. Simmons Bank Arena, Argenta Community Theater and The Joint Theater are all open and ready to welcome you!
- Complete the Public Art Scavenger Hunt. See how many landmarks and public art murals and sculptures you can find around North Little Rock!
- See World War II naval vessels up close at the Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum.
- Arkansas Travelers minor league baseball team returns to action on Tuesday, May 4.
- Shop local products and learn more about North Little Rock at the North Little Rock Welcome Center. It’s also a great place to hop on a Rock Region METRO streetcar for a free tour of downtown North Little Rock.
In North Little Rock, you’re going to find excellent food – whether you are dining in, dining on outdoor patios or ordering to go! Summer may be hot in Arkansas, but that doesn’t keep us from enjoying outdoor patios and al fresco meals with friends and family.
- Event Pics: North Little Rock Christmas Parade 2023Hosted by the City of North Little Rock, North Little Rock Tourism and the North Little Rock Sertoma Club, the annual North Little Rock Christmas Parade was held Sunday, December…
- Festive bevs: holiday coffee and cocktails in North Little Rock‘Tis the season for fun holiday drinks around North Little Rock! Several North Little Rock restaurants and bars serve limited time menus for the cold months, so take advantage while…
- Shop local for the holidays at North Little Rock Welcome CenterThe North Little Rock Welcome Center is your go-to for all things North Little Rock and Arkansas! Shop in-store at 600 Main Street, North Little Rock, AR 72114 or online…
- Event Pics: Northern Lights Holiday Festival 2023North Little Rock Tourism hosted its annual Northern Lights Holiday Festival at Argenta Plaza on Saturday, November 18, 2023. An estimated 10,000 attendees enjoyed the holiday market, live music by…
- Event Pics: Piccolo Zoppé Winter Circus in North Little RockNorth Little Rock Tourism was proud to present the Piccolo Zoppé Winter Circus in North Little Rock November 9 – November 19. More than 3,000 attendees enjoyed experiencing the horses, dogs, aerial tricks, juggling,…