Argenta Arts District’s iconic tulips are in bloom, and just in time for Argenta Downtown Council’s spring production season: outdoor dining and live music during Argenta Dogtown Throwdown and Argenta Farmers Market return the second weekend in April.
“We want to give people as many opportunities as possible to enjoy our beautiful downtown this spring,” said Chris Kent, Executive Director of the Argenta Downtown Council. “Argenta Dogtown Throwdown, now in its third year, is a festive yet laidback event for enjoying the local culinary scene and local musical talent al fresco.”
Argenta Dogtown Throwdown, during which Main Street in downtown North Little Rock is closed from Broadway to 5th Streets for outdoor dining and live music, will return Friday, April 8, at 4 p.m. through Saturday, April 9, at 10 p.m. Argenta Dogtown Throwdown is held the second week of every month April through October. The event kicks off with Dogtown Drinks, a happy hour at 4 p.m. Friday with live music by small local and regional musicians on the Argenta Library steps from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Argenta Farmers Market, which has relocated to 410 Main Street (lot south of Argenta Library), will return Saturday, April 9, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Argenta Farmers Market is held every Saturday April through October and features Arkansas produce, bakery, meat, and craft vendors.
Second Weekend in Argenta Schedule:
Friday, April 8, 2022
- 2:30 p.m. – Main Street closed to vehicles
- 4 p.m. – Dogtown Drinks happy hour at participating restaurants and bars
- 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Live at the Library: local and regional musical acts on steps of Argenta Library
- 10 p.m. – Outdoor dining ends
Saturday, April 9, 2022
- 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Argenta Farmers Market (410 Main Street)
- 11 a.m. – Restaurants open for business
- 1 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Crawfish Boil (details TBA)
- 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Live Music with Dikki Du & the Zydeco Crew at 410 Main Street
- 10 p.m. – Main Street reopens to vehicles
Argenta Dogtown Throwdown and Argenta Farmers Market fall under North Little Rock’s Setting the Table Culinary Initiative, launched by the North Little Rock CVB in 2021 to better understand, elevate and grow North Little Rock’s culinary scene.
Argenta Dogtown Throwdown is sponsored by Tito’s Vodka, First Security Bank, Ben E. Keith Foods, North Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau, Arkansas Regional Innovation Hub, Four Quarter Bar, Flyway Brewing, Brood & Barley, Reno’s Argenta Café, Crush Wine Bar, Cregeen’s Irish Pub, Skinny J’s and The Culture Cigar Bar.