Affectionately known as Dogtown, North Little Rock, Arkansas, is a popular spot for pet-lovers: dog-friendly patio dining, plenty of trails and parks to explore, a new dog park and dog-friendly hotels.
Dog-friendly Things to Do
- Burn some energy at Barks & Rec Dog Park in Burns Park. Located at 4200 Joe Poch Road in North Little Rock, the leash-free dog park has sections for small dogs and large dogs.
- For easy access to walkable trails, visit North Little Rock Riverfront Park! The park is on a section of the 15-mile Arkansas River Trail and boasts spectacular views of the Arkansas River and city skyline.
- Stroll Argenta Arts District and stop in Argenta Plaza for insta-worthy photos. Dog waste depots are available throughout the downtown area.
- Get your fur baby’s photo in front of the “Dogtown Proud” mural at 4th and Main Streets.
- Find all of the “dog” statues around downtown in the public art scavenger hunt.
- Stop by the North Little Rock Welcome Center at 600 Main Street to pick up a dog bandana, Dogtown Proud keychain or dog water bowl.
Looking for places to eat where you can bring your dog? Some experiences just aren’t the same without man’s (or woman’s) best friend. Here are a few dog-friendly restaurants in North Little Rock:
- Argenta Nutrition – smoothies and shakes
- Bar Louie – outdoor patio
- Blackberry Market – outdoor seating
- Boudreaux’s Bar and Grill – patio seating
- Brood and Barley – outdoor patio
- Cozy’s Shaved Ice (seasonal) – outdoor picnic tables
- Crush Wine Bar – outdoor patio
- Diamond Bear Brewing Company – local brewery and restaurant with outdoor patio. They’ll bring your pup a bowl of water and treats.
- Flyway Brewery – local brewery and restaurant known for their pretzels and unique menu
- The Filling Station – rotating food trucks, small local market and outdoor seating.
- Four Quarter Bar – outdoor seating
- Hoggs Meat Market – outdoor patio with a small open area for dogs to walk around
- McAlister’s Deli – outdoor patio is dog-friendly! Please note you must order inside, so someone will need to stay with the pup outside while you order.
- Morningside Bagels – outdoor patio tables with umbrellas.
- The Original Scoopdog – outdoor seating with hot dogs and concrete ice cream
- Panera Bread – outdoor dining available
- Purple Cow – pups allowed on the outdoor patio.
- Reno’s Argenta Cafe – outdoor seating
- Skinny J’s Argenta – outdoor seating
- Starbucks (JFK)
- Starbucks (North Hills)
- Waldo’s Chicken and Beer – dogs allowed if they are on a leash
- Whole Hog Cafe North Little Rock – some of the best barbecue around, plus a complimentary dog bone if you eat on the patio with your pup!