We could start by recommending the usual spas and salons that typically a girls’ weekend calls for – but we’re going to bet you and your friends might be looking for something a little more…adventurous. A little more Instagram-worthy.
(Pssst…if you like our recommendations, we’ve saved you some time and started your trip at the button below).
- Kayak the Arkansas River with Rocktown River Outfitters. It’s beginner-friendly and perfect for all skill levels.
- Get your phones ready: The Old Mill is by far one of the most photographed attractions in Arkansas! The stone bridges, water fountain and friendly geese ensure plenty of photo-opps.
- For lunch, try out the brand new Tacos 4 Life, a local chain that serves up fantastic tacos but also has a mission to help others. For a more “retro” filter, the new Purple Cow next door has your American classics of milkshakes and burgers.
- Escape rooms are all the rage right now, and while you can only take photos after you’ve escaped, the experience is well-worth the no phone rule. Central Arkansas Escape Rooms and Ozark Escape are two local businesses that will challenge your whole group to a race against the clock.
- Celebrate, you deserve it! The Original ScoopDog serves some of the best custard you’ll ever taste, with so many mix-ins and options it’s a little overwhelming. (Quick tip: remember to bring cash.)
- For an evening of fun, park in the Argenta Arts District for a wide variety of options for dining, drinking and listening to live music.
- For wine lovers: Crush Wine Bar
- For entertainment: Four Quarter Bar, The Joint
- For beer: Flyway Brewing, Diamond Bear Brewing
- For dining: Skinny J’s, Reno’s Cafe, Ristorante Capeo
- Keep the fun going! Hop on one of the vintage-style streetcars for late-night fun in Little Rock’s River Market District. (Quick tip: the streetcars are FREE in 2019! The streetcars run until midnight Fridays and Saturdays.)