In lieu of in-person high school graduations, the “River Lights in the Rock” downtown bridges, Big Dam Bridge and Two Rivers Park Bridge will be lit in honor of Pulaski County-area high school graduates May 17-August 15, 2020, courtesy of the City of Little Rock, City of North Little Rock, Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau, North Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau and Pulaski County Government.
“Spring 2020 should have been a final semester of achieved milestones and celebrations with family and friends. Instead, it has become a challenge for central Arkansas’s graduating students,” said Pulaski County Judge Barry Hyde. “This is the county’s and both cities’ way of congratulating these wonderful young adults, and giving them the recognition they richly deserve,” he added.
All 28 area high schools will be honored in their school colors. The final two December graduation dates have not been finalized. If two schools are listed on the same night, both schools’ colors will be featured on the downtown bridges, alternating every few minutes.
Schedule for North Little Rock high schools:
- Central Arkansas Christian Academy: August 2, downtown bridges and Two Rivers Park Bridge
- Lisa Academy: May 23, downtown bridges, Big Dam Bridge and Two Rivers Park Bridge
- New Life Christian Academy: July 24, downtown bridges, Big Dam Bridge and Two Rivers Bridge
- North Little Rock High School: May 18, downtown bridges and Big Dam Bridge
- Premier High School: May 21, downtown bridges and Big Dam Bridge