“Nobody puts Baby in a corner.”
“Whatcha wanna be married to me for?” “So I can kiss you anytime I want.”
“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
If you know and love these films, the North Little Rock Drive-In is the place to be this month! Located in the parking lot of Oasis Church at 7318 Windsong Drive in North Little Rock, the North Little Rock Drive-In has a fun, nostalgic lineup for September. Organizers have added a “Way Back Wednesdays” series with popular 80’s films.
September Lineup (click movie name to buy tickets)
Wednesday, Sept. 2, 8 p.m. – Say Anything Friday, Sept. 4, 8:30 p.m. – Dirty Dancing Saturday, Sept. 5, 8:30 p.m. – Dirty Dancing Wednesday, Sept. 9, 8 p.m. – Back to the Future Thursday, Sept. 10, 8:25 p.m. – John Wick (20 car limit) Friday, Sept. 11, 8:20 p.m. – Wreck-It Ralph Saturday, Sept. 12, 9 p.m. – Wreck-It Ralph
- Wednesday, Sept. 16, 8 p.m. – Heathers
- Friday, Sept. 18, 8:25 p.m. – Sweet Home Alabama
- Saturday, Sept. 19, 8:25 p.m. – Sweet Home Alabama
- Wednesday, Sept. 23, 8 p.m. – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- Thursday, Sept. 24, 8:20 p.m. – Tommy Boy (20 car limit)
- Friday, Sept. 25, 8:20 p.m. – Twister
- Saturday, Sept. 26, 9:15 p.m. – Twister
You can reserve your spot by clicking the links above, but reservations are not necessary.
“The model we’ve used all along is that attending the Drive In is free, but if you want to make an advance reservation to assure you have a spot, you can donate $20 and we’ll save your spot,” explains drive-in organizer James Snyder. “All unreserved spots are given away for free on a first come first served basis, and we keep a donation bucket at the gate for those who wish to put something in. We’ve designed it this way because we know there are a lot of other people out of work and struggling to make ends meet, and we’ve encouraged those people to bypass the donation bucket and just enjoy the movie.”
There’s no dedicated website for the drive-in; just a private Facebook group where organizers post upcoming movie nights. Last month, the number of members in the Facebook group jumped by 2,000 for a whopping 10,000+ members. But there’s plenty of room for you, you can join here:
Now let’s talk food….
Half the fun of “going to the movies” is the snacks. But at the drive-in, it’s even better – limitless choices for restaurants and snacks to bring in (and they also have popcorn there). May we make some suggestions?
- Popcorn: The Popcorn Spot
- Custard/Ice Cream: The Original Scoopdog, Andy’s Frozen Custard, SmallCakes
- Nachos: Senor Tequila, Casa Mexicana, La Casa Real, Santo Coyote, Flyway Brewing
- Hot Dogs: The Original Scoopdog
- Burgers & Fries: David’s Burgers, Five Guys, North Bar, Wink’s Dairy Bar
- Pretzels: Flyway Brewing
- Candy: The Popcorn Spot, The Filling Station
- Tacos & Burritos: Tacos 4 Life, Las Delicias, Las Palmas, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Taqueria Azteca
- Southern-style: Chicken Wangs III, Grampa’s Catfish, Chicken King, Mick’s Bar-B-Q, Mojo’s Dairy Bar, Lindsey’s Hospitality House
- Asian Takeout: Benihana, Egg Roll Express, The Hybrid Kitchen