In partnership with Central Arkansas Master Naturalists (CAMN) and Americorps NCCC, St. Joseph Center of Arkansas at 6800 Camp Robinson Road in North Little Rock announced the launch of a new trail system on the center grounds.
The .8-mile Old Camp Entrance Trail takes roughly 15 minutes to walk. The longer, 1.5-mile SJCA Property Trail follows the St. Joseph Center of Arkansas property line. Both trails are open during regular center hours, and hikers will need to check in at the St. Joseph Farm Stand before beginning for a map (snacks and water available for purchase).
Q & A
- How can the trails be used? Pedestrian only. Children (under 18) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Are the trails dog-friendly? Yes, but animals must be on a leash (at all times).
- I’m guessing no motorized vehicles? No motorized vehicles.
- Is a printed map available? Yes, they can pick them up when they check-in at the Farm Stand.
- When can people use the trails? Trails are open only during St. Joseph Center business hours. The center is open Wednesday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday noon to 5 p.m. Before taking to the trails, hikers must check in at the Farm Stand/Farm Store.
- What can walkers see from each trail? The SJCA Property Trail takes you along the perimeter of the 63-acre property, including the old railroad spur used to supply Camp Robinson. You can see pastures with cattle, beautiful flora/fauna in open fields and wooded terrain with glimpses of Camp Robinson. The Old Camp Entrance Trail is a wooded natural area with beautiful flora and fauna along with some interesting historical sights.
- What kind of terrain? The trails are not paved or gravel, they are cleared areas that are kept bush-hogged/mowed. The SJCA Property trail is relatively level but does have some ups and downs. The Old Camp Robinson Entrance Trail has been levelized with switchbacks but has a much steeper elevation.
- What else is there to do? When visiting the trails, hikers can also stop by and shop the St. Joseph Farm Stand, enjoy the Butterfly Garden and see the animals. Depending on the season, you can also pick your own strawberries or blackberries during Farm Stand hours.
St. Joseph Center of Arkansas
6800 Camp Robinson Road, North Little Rock, AR 72118