Parents know traveling with kids is its own set of challenges: are there restaurants with kid-friendly menus? Are there activities that will appeal to the whole family? Fortunately, families have a lot of kid-friendly dining and activity options in North Little Rock.
Dessert & Snacks
Family-friendly things to do
“We like to spend time outside and take evening family walks. With three kids, we also have to get creative,” Tye laughs. “We do a lot of imaginative play, like dressing up and playing chef.”
Imagination has no limits, so take it with you: explore miles and miles of the Arkansas River Trail, play at the infamous “rocket ship” playground in Burns Park, check out local produce and goods at the farmers’ markets and even see a World War II submarine in-person. North Little Rock even has options for the older kids to enjoy.
- North Little Rock Scavenger Hunt (FREE and win prizes!)
- Arkansas River Trail (FREE)
- Big Dam Bridge (FREE)
- Burns Park: playgrounds, One Heart Playground, trails (FREE)
- Funland Amusement Park (seasonal)
History & Culture
- North Little Rock Welcome Center
- Argenta Farmers Market (Saturday mornings)
- Bang-Up Betty
- Faulkner Lake Orchard
- The Filling Station
- McCain Mall
- Me & McGee Market
- St. Joseph Farm Stand (seasonal) – meet the animals every Saturday morning!
Activities for Teens
“Walking the downtown bridges is one of the things that we always take people to do when they visit us from out of town. We especially enjoy it when the farmers market is open. Argenta Arts District is a gem.”